Router CHANGES port forwarding details
Robertj1
I had my actiontec touted set up for a VPN. It worked great. Mac Server had a static IP address on my internal network that the router forwarded the proper ports to. But then, after connecting to the VPN once, the router CHANGED my port forwarding details. Instead of being forwarded to .20, the static IP address of the server, it changed to forward all the ports to .241 (which was the IP address given to my computer outside of the network when connecting to the VPN). Needless to say that I cannot connect to the VPN now unless I go back and remove the now incorrect port forwarding rules and make new ones that point back to .20. Why does this happen? Why won't the router leave my rules alone? Anybody know the solution to this or know why it's happening? Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: Router CHANGES port forwarding details
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model router are you using?

Also, would you mind posting some screenshots of your firewall rules on the router?

0 Likes
Robertj1

I think I solved the problem. When I added those port-forwarding rules, I selected the computer from the dropdown list of hosts. I went ahead and just selected "Custom" and manually typed in the IP address.

I think the router probably saw traffic from the VPN peer and assumed that the host (VPN server) changed addresses. At least so far so good...

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah, didn't think about that.

Post back if you have any other issues with it!

0 Likes