Router Connection Issues on Android and Ethernet
Tgordo55

I moved apartments, and moved my service with it, as my complex has deals with Verizon. My desktop seems to be connected to a main setup, as it connected fine immediately over ethernet. My roter arrived a few days later, and has been non-stop trouble for almost a week. 

Every day I come home, turn my desktop on. I get about 4-6% packet loss until I hard restart the router, then it's fine until I turn my computer back on.

My Galaxy S8 refuses to connect to the network, saying there is no internet available on it, and it won't load anything if I have it keep the connection. My iPad connects fine.

Trying to log into the router over my ethernet connection from my room doesn't work, and when I try to log in over WiFi it either doesn't work (iPad, saying "Login failed, please try again:", same as on my desktop), or works, but wants me to change the SSID and password, and then reconnect (Android), which it then refuses to broadcast the new SSID and password I choose. Not changing them causes it to say I'm not connected to it, even if I turn off cell data. 

MyVerizon on my desktop, phone wifi, and mobile app, all say something like "There was an error in retrieving your router information.", and have been doing so for over a week. 

Is this a case of the most cursed router ever? I'm using a Fios Quantum Gateway router they shipped to me when I moved. My iPad working fine would suggest nothing is wrong with the router, but everything else not working suggests otherwise. 

My desktop is hardwired into the ethernet port in my bedroom, while the router is in the living room. I've tried both the 2.4G and 5G networks on my phone, nothing. Do I need to have a technician come out, or replace my Fios router, or what?

0 Likes
Re: Router Connection Issues on Android and Ethernet
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don’t really understand how your desktop connected before your router arrived. Did you have an old router before the new one? Is it possible you have two routers connected somewhere in the apt? One thing I would first try is take the router and connect it directly to you ont. and connect the router lan port and then test. From there go to wifi connections. 

@Tgordo55 wrote:

I moved apartments, and moved my service with it, as my complex has deals with Verizon. My desktop seems to be connected to a main setup, as it connected fine immediately over ethernet. My roter arrived a few days later, and has been non-stop trouble for almost a week. 

0 Likes