Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Router Firewall Port Configuration Errors

Logjam
Contributor
Contributor

Router Firewall Port Configuration Errors

Message 1 of 3
(3,515 Views)

I recently had a virus that required some extensive work to get rid of. Since then, and I am not sure if they are related, when some of the programs on my computer try to access the internet to ck. for updates I get an error message that when I run diagnostics for says "windows cannot connect to internet", "ck. firewall settings for--ect ect--gives a list of what ports are causing trouble.

I called Verizon support and got to the point with them where they tell you I'll have to pay to get any more support.

Microsoft and I did diagnostics and we did fix an issure with a security program but the port issue was determined to not be windows. The Windows Firewall is functioning properly. And with that firewall off the problem still persists. I even hooked a second computer up to the router and guess what--SAME PROBLEM.

Does anybody out there know how to ck. port configuration on a Verizon Fios router??????? The tech center does not.

2 REPLIES 2
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Router Firewall Port Configuration Errors

Message 2 of 3
(3,475 Views)

gives a list of what ports are causing trouble.

What ports are they?  What diagnostic program are you running?

By default all outbound ports should be open on the router, if you think some of them are not then reset the router to defaults by pushing the reset button on the back of it.

I would also suggest running spybot with the latest defs and also lavasoft's adaware - unfortunately horrendously slow with the latest version but still does work - both are free downloads.

The try again and see if you are still getting errors - be aware that resetting the router will reset the login userid and password to defaults that are different depending on what model you have - what is it?

pl626
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Router Firewall Port Configuration Errors

Message 3 of 3
(3,450 Views)

I'm surprised (actually, not really...) the V* sppt didn't point you toward the Actiontec web mgmt console.  If you've never logged in or changed the default, Ibeleive it should be 192.168.1.1, so if you type that IP into a web browser, you should be able to get to the port config after you login.  Default login should be 'admin' and pw is probably 'password' or password1' depending on the V* tech that deployed it.  If you changed it and don't remember, you'll have to reset to the factory default, as viafax999 suggested.  Given your circumstances, this is probably the best method for you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.