Re: Router G3100 Port and port forwarding
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.  Port forwarding isn't working.  No issues years before on several generations of FIOS routers.

0 Likes
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update - You cant check your port from within the same network of the computer you are trying to connect to.  I tuned off wifi and connected no problem via cellular.  This was suggested in this thread at one point.  Thanks 

0 Likes
PedalLove
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a G3100 ( HW: 1103, FW: 1.3.6.27) and have not been able to get port forwarding to work. Can anyone confirm that it does in fact work on this model and firmware? I've heard that there are some versions where it doesn't work at all. I'd like to know if my problems are caused by my settings or if the router has a problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes
PedalLove
Enthusiast - Level 1

I solved my own issue and got port forwarding to work. I had to delete the entry in Port Forwarding Rules that I had set up for the port I needed and instead, specifically identify the ports in the Firewall - Port Forwarding section. It seems like creating a port forwarding rule for my application and applying it in the firewall doesn't work. In the Firewall section, I simply had to use the "Custom Ports" option instead of the application rule that I had created previously. Now it works!

idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great!!  Nice work!! Thanks for sharing, when I have a couple of minutes and the ability to test I will try your solution.   Thanks again for sharing!!!

0 Likes
Famgh902

I'm having exactly the same issues. I can see my IP cameras from the outside or turning my wifi off on my phone an using cellular data. But if I check them using my wifi since the link I have configured in the IP viewer cam is using the DDNS host name It won't connect. This worked fine with my previous modem (optimum).

Did you fix your issue?

0 Likes
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings,

I have made the modifications but as of yet have not have the ability to fully test.

How did you make out?

0 Likes
TJ771

1) Goto Firewall -> Port Forwarding

2) Enter IP address from the Select IP from Menu

3) Under Application to Forward, enter the custom IP address

4) Click the "Add>" on the next line.  Do *not* click the Apply at the bottom of the page.

The "Apply" button is for updating any change in Applied Rules.

0 Likes
SalG53
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOLVED!!!

Left Menu: Firewall

Top Menu: Port Forwarding

Select Advanced in center of options

Select IP From Left Dropdown

Select: Custom Ports from Right Dropdown

Protocol = TCP

Source Ports = ANY

Destination Ports = Select Specify & (enter the port)

Select Add

Complete  🙂

Check that the port is open on : https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

cram1

So your port forwarding worked with DynDNS enabled?

0 Likes