Router Questions
Simpuhl
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I change the current ip of something in my routher?

Also how can I rename something if the rename is not present? 

Also, not all of my COAX connections are showing up in the router and they are on, I know they used to but not anymore.

I am currently using the rename url and the ip to rename any device but I am curious as to why the verzion router does not have the text to rename some stuff begin with... ex:

javascript:mimic_button('rename_device:%20192.168.1.2..',%201)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router Questions
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are referring to is "DHCP Address Reservation".   To do this with then ActionTec, sign into the router, select "Advanced", then "IP Address Distribution", then "Connection List".    Find the object you wish to make a static reservation for, note it's MAC Address and DELETE it from the connection list.   Then, select "New Static Connection" and supply the name, ip address, and Mac Address.  Save everything and exit the router.  Release and renew the IP address on the device in question and you should see it now appear on the address you desire.

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Simpuhl wrote:

How can I change the current ip of something in my routher?

Also how can I rename something if the rename is not present? 

Also, not all of my COAX connections are showing up in the router and they are on, I know they used to but not anymore.

I am currently using the rename url and the ip to rename any device but I am curious as to why the verzion router does not have the text to rename some stuff begin with... ex:

javascript:mimic_button('rename_device:%20192.168.1.2..',%201)

If you want to change the ip address of a device you should do it at the device.

Rename is not present in the router because the device name is being assigned by the device.  if you want to change the name then you need to change it on the device and then reconnect to the router.

Simpuhl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Id rather assisgn an ip by mac address, I am able to do it on different routers...

So it can't be done unless I manually go to the device to do it then?

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are referring to is "DHCP Address Reservation".   To do this with then ActionTec, sign into the router, select "Advanced", then "IP Address Distribution", then "Connection List".    Find the object you wish to make a static reservation for, note it's MAC Address and DELETE it from the connection list.   Then, select "New Static Connection" and supply the name, ip address, and Mac Address.  Save everything and exit the router.  Release and renew the IP address on the device in question and you should see it now appear on the address you desire.