Router Return?
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded to the Gateway router the other day and received and installed it.  Does Verizon require me to ship them back or return the old one?  Can't find any info on this.  Thank you for any info.

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Router Return?
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you weren't paying a monthly rental for the old router (like you do for any set top boxes you have for your TVs) then you probably own the old router outright. They used to include them in some manner within the install kit/fees. I think you are the proud owner. Congratulations.

If you are renting the new router ($10/month or something like that), they might want it back if you were to discontinue service. If you bough it outright ($149 or $199 depending on the offer you got), it's yours. Congrats again in that case.

Keep it up and you may be able to start your own ISP. Smiley LOL

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you didn't explicitedly purchase it , its best to hold on to the router in case they want it back.  They have been known to insist on there return when you terminate your service even for OLD routers.

In the mean time you can use it for various things such as extenting your network to  remote areas of your home.

0 Likes
errgh
Enthusiast - Level 2

had to return mine

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi! I had the exact same quesiton, and so called Verizon just now. I was told that yes, it must be returned within 30 days. I told her the old router does not fit well in the box the new one came in, and she said to fit in the best I could. There was a return label in the box that had the new router. I also have the option of returning it to a store, but NOT every store accepts returns of equipment, and you can't tell by looking on the website. I had to wait for her to find one based on my zipcode.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes