Switch Account

Router Settings

Copper Contributor tennisnut15
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(1,622 Views)

I am trying to figure out how to remove the default network settings from my router. I created two new SSIDs with 2 new passwords, which I thought would overwrite the default settings. I also removed the old default names from my known networks in my system preferences on my Mac, but the networks still show in the available networks and I can still select them and enter the password and they connect.

Screenshot 2016-07-18 20.03.51.png

Above are my known networks - Home 5 and Home 2.4 are the new ones I created.

Screenshot 2016-07-18 20.03.25.png

And this shot shows the old networks of FIOS-GFEX1 and FIOS-GFEX1-5G still available.

4 REPLIES 4
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(1,585 Views)

Can you provide a shot of your router configs?

What model router do you have?

I don't beleive that router has the ability to have multiple SSIDs/channel other than guest.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(1,507 Views)

Not sure what configs you are looking for or what that has to do with removing the default networks. I have the Quantum Gateway router

Screenshot 2016-07-22 00.50.32.png

and the page from the manual shows the same as my settings in that it has both 2.4 and 5 GHz settings

Screenshot 2016-07-22 00.51.24.png

Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(1,417 Views)

So no one has an idea on how to fix this?

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(1,392 Views)
  1. The router supports a SSID for 2.4, 5.0  and guest.  There is no way it supports any additional.
  2. It is possible you are seeing someone else's network.  Don't select unless its the name you gave to your SSID.
  3. Your device or PC will remembered older SSID until you tell it to forget them, but it will not be able to connect to them. 
  4. I don't know about your router, but many have to reboot to change SSID. In which case the old SDID will continue to work and the new will not until the reboot.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.