Router Updates
BPofMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all this talk about the Russians hacking into routers, how do I know if one has the "latest" update?   Does Verizon even do updates to their routers. FYI, I have the G1100.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router Updates
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do. As long as the router stays attached to the Verizon network, and has Verizon Firmware, it will get firmware updates automatically when available. There was an update pushed a few months ago to fix 5Ghz Wi-Fi issues.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do. As long as the router stays attached to the Verizon network, and has Verizon Firmware, it will get firmware updates automatically when available. There was an update pushed a few months ago to fix 5Ghz Wi-Fi issues.

bigpoppy1

I have a router for 8 plus years since I moved ito this house and the wifi is extremely slow, constantly buffering and freezing up

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes