Router User ID/Password to install Open DNS

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Router User ID/Password to install Open DNS

Message 1 of 10
(2,671 Views)

I'm trying to install Open DNS on our router, and I'm being asked for my router User ID and password.  I've tried the Network ID and password (wireless LAN settings) as well as my Verizon User ID and password.  Neither worked.  How do I find out my router User ID and Password?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Router User ID/Password to install Open DNS

Message 2 of 10
(2,666 Views)

The default is the user "admin" and the password is the serial number of the router (which can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the router).

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 10
(2,664 Views)

Its case sensitive   so CSJxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 10
(2,661 Views)

@sstonehouse wrote:

I'm trying to install Open DNS on our router, and I'm being asked for my router User ID and password.  I've tried the Network ID and password (wireless LAN settings) as well as my Verizon User ID and password.  Neither worked.  How do I find out my router User ID and Password?

If you can't login just reset it to factory defaults by pushing and holding the reset button on the back of the router.  You can then login with user admin and be prompted to enter a new password of your choice, remember it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 10
(2,509 Views)

I tried using the ID "admin" and the serial # (CSJ......) on the sticker as the password, and could not access the router.  any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 10
(2,506 Views)

Do as suggested then and reset your router back to factory defaults using the reset button on the back. Once you do this, log into http://192.168.1.1/ again and change the password to something you will remember when prompted. If you are asked to log into the router first, use admin as the username and password as the password.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 10
(2,442 Views)

I treid to login to the router and used the login "admin" but when I tried to enter the password, it entered multiple characters with every keypress. Any ideas on that?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 8 of 10
(2,437 Views)

Every character you enter for password results in 3 asterisks *** to appear. That is simply a security feature on the router.

Just ignore the extra asterisks that appear as you enter the password.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 10
(1,038 Views)

Do you have instructions on how to access the router?  I did this when we had Comcast, but haven't been able to setup on our newVerizon account, as I have forgotten how.

Highlighted
Employee Employee
Employee

Message 10 of 10
(973 Views)

Hello Court1967,

Below is a link that has some helpful information regarding accessing the router.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLn1foVtTM&list=PLooRvxIU8b2VXGBWJJeLZLBS65BrtuWEJ&index=5 

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'd be happy to help.

^FCN

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.