Router Won't Allow Me to Change Security Settings (never comes out of "applying settings" loop)
tlkng1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am embarrassed to admit that my router was still configured with WEP and the Admin base information; could have sworn I changed the Admin password and username ages ago, anyway, I am trying to upgrade to WPA2.  I go into advanced security settings, set my key and get everything filled in  but, after hitting apply, the system goes into a loop "please wait while we apply the new settings" and then never comes out of it.  I have had to reset the router three times in order to connect back.  The original SSID is working fine once the router is reset but this obviously is not the goal.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router Won't Allow Me to Change Security Settings (never comes out of "applying settings&qu
Knnnnnnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you trying to do this over a wireless connection? If so, try doing it on a wired connection and see if that works out. 

View solution in original post

Re: Router Won't Allow Me to Change Security Settings (never comes out of "applying settings&qu
Knnnnnnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you trying to do this over a wireless connection? If so, try doing it on a wired connection and see if that works out. 

Re: Router Won't Allow Me to Change Security Settings (never comes out of "applying settings&am
tlkng1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you..that worked. Verizon didn't put that little tidbit into the instructions.