Router access control instructions 9100EM for limiting internet access?
carydf11

I need simple indtructions on how to block all internet access from 12 midnight until 7am on weekends? So far the phone support people have not been helpful and what I have seen on the forum is either outdated or not my model router.

My son has friends over on weekends and I need to stop all access from wired and wireless computers after midnight. I do not have their computers here all the time so I need to have a blanket block on all internet traffic.

0 Likes
Re: Router access control instructions 9100EM for limiting internet access?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@carydf wrote:

I need simple indtructions on how to block all internet access from 12 midnight until 7am on weekends? So far the phone support people have not been helpful and what I have seen on the forum is either outdated or not my model router.

My son has friends over on weekends and I need to stop all access from wired and wireless computers after midnight. I do not have their computers here all the time so I need to have a blanket block on all internet traffic.

There is no easy way to perform that action that cannot be circumvented by doing a factory reset to factory default on the Westell router.

Besides that the only simple way I can think of is to attach a second router as a new subnet and have all your wired and wireless access that you want to block to go to that 2nd router.  Then on the Westell go to Firewall Settings, Advanced filtering and create an Output rule set

Make the source address the address of the 2nd router, destination any, port any, operation drop and schedule user defined.

Check rule active at scheduled time and then create a new time segment entry for the days you want to black out and an hour range for the hours within the days.

A caveat.

I have never done it and never seen it documented how to do it but from looking at what the router manual says it would appear that this will work.  If it doesn't you may have to reset your router to get it working again!!

Maybe somebody else would like to chime in with comments??

0 Likes