Re: Router acting strange
ebanzuela
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was in a chat session with a Verizon rep when the connection seemed to improve.  I am not sure if the rep did anything as we parted ways without any explanation on what happened.  Everything is back to normal now without having to reboot the router.  I will keep monitoring as I am sure I will run into this issue again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue around 9-10 AM EST?  I am in the Northern New Jersey area.

0 Likes
Re: Router acting strange
ebanzuela
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happened again this morning around 9 AM EST.  I was having the usual intermittent web page load failures and when I ran trace routes I am seeing the same failures.

As I was chatting with a Verizon rep, he tried to reboot the router and what ended up happening is a momentary disruption of my TV services and the router never rebooted.  The connection got so bad I lost the chat session and of course never got the call back they always promise when that happens.  *sigh*

Needless to say, I ended up power cycling the router myself and my internet connection is back to normal as it usually does.  Here's to waiting for the next occurence.  I'm crossing my fingers it won't happen again but I doubt it.

I'm going to try to reset the BU to see if that helps.  I don't see anything visibly wrong with it but I'll try anything at this point.

0 Likes