Router and ECB2200's
dwiener
Enthusiast - Level 3

I added 2 ECB2200's last week and they appeared to be working fine at first. Problem is that the router periodically stops seeing the devices that are attached to them. I find myself frequently having to reboot the router to use my printers, or for my Tivo to connect the Tivo service. WifI connections are not a problem. Only ethernet over the MoCa connectors.

My setup

Coax into Actiontec Router, wifi and direct connection to desktop pc

ECB2200 to Coax in hall closet, (this is also where the Fios comes into the apt), connected to ethernet switch and printer, mfc, and lable printer.

Coax in livingroom, split to STB and ECB2200, ethernet to Tivo.

Everything is recognized and works fine after a reboot, but the stuff on the ECB2200's drops off line periodically.

Anything I need to do to get this setup to stay online?

0 Likes
Re: Router and ECB2200's
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I only have one in this type of setup and it stays connected all the time.   Try disconnecting one of the adapters if you can and leave it disconnected and see if the other one stays up without disconnecting.   Another thing to try ... when they cease to see the router, can a device located behind one eCB2200 see a device connected behind the other eCB2200 (i.e. can the two eCB2000's see each other across the coax?).   Maybe they are somehow pairing themselves up to communicate with one another exclusively instead of pairing with the router.  Also, when ones goes "offline", does the other one too?   Not a solution ... but it might give some insight as to what's going on.

0 Likes
dwiener
Enthusiast - Level 3

The one ECB has only printers connected to it, the other the TiVo. I'll be away for a few days so I'll shut off the printers and see if the TiVo maintains its connection. It's easy enough to check on that one as it tries to connect to the Tivo service on a daily basis.

@lasagna wrote:

I only have one in this type of setup and it stays connected all the time.   Try disconnecting one of the adapters if you can and leave it disconnected and see if the other one stays up without disconnecting.   Another thing to try ... when they cease to see the router, can a device located behind one eCB2200 see a device connected behind the other eCB2200 (i.e. can the two eCB2000's see each other across the coax?).   Maybe they are somehow pairing themselves up to communicate with one another exclusively instead of pairing with the router.  Also, when ones goes "offline", does the other one too?   Not a solution ... but it might give some insight as to what's going on.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

You could have a coax or splitter issue.

Have you checked your MOCA stats?

How to check MOCA stats