Router dropping my internet signal every 3-10 minutes
Rebexican

I just signed up with Verizon/FIos in January so I could improve my internet speed.  I'm a Professor and Filmmaker and I download and stream videos all the time for work and recreation.  I noticed that while streaming I would lose the connection and the film would drop out.  I thought perhaps that my AppleTV or another device was interfering with the router signal.  I checked every device and have repeatedly turned the router off and back on again.  I've also looked at other forums involving similar issues with routers and what not and they all point to the router not working.  I wanted faster internet but I can't get it to do what I need it to.  Can I get a new router?  Is this really the issue?

0 Likes
Re: Router dropping my internet signal every 3-10 minutes
frontier3
Hello not sure what router you have but I upgraded to the new faster FIOS gateway G1100 in late December and have had nothing but issues with Internet. My internet dies 3 to 4 times a day and I have to reboot router or ONT ( either works ) to get it back. I have been sent 2 routers with no change. Now they say the problem is my ONT and they need to replace it. They told me others customers are having same issue. I have been waiting now 3 days for them to schedule to replace the ONT. This is very frustrating.
0 Likes
Re: Router dropping my internet signal every 3-10 minutes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are we talking wireless or hard-wired? Is the internet light going amber on the router or going out completely?

0 Likes