Router drops 2nd night in a row, internet light is amber! Also I need a tech to upgrade to 50/20??
Markourn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called yesterday to troubleshoot my internet, it turns out that the ont needed to be reset.  I decided while I was on the phone, to inquire about upgrading my service.  I told them I wanted 50/20 so they started to provision my line only to find out I would need a tech to roll out to perform the upgrade.  At that point, I decided to just upgrade to 35/35 because I didnt want to deal with the hassle of having a a tech roll out to my house.  Why is it that I would need a tech to upgrade to 50./20?? Kinda **bleep** about that.. because that high upload for a residential service with no static ip is retarded.

Also this morning I wake up to see my internet light is amber but my power/wan coax/lan coax lights are green?? Whats the deal??

Im starting to regret making the switch to fios..

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router drops 2nd night in a row, internet light is amber! Also I need a tech to upgrade to 50/20
Hubrisnxs
Legend
What do u mean by static? Did u upgrade to static ips?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Router drops 2nd night in a row, internet light is amber! Also I need a tech to upgrade to 50/20
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Let me tell you something, my friend contacted fios tech support via chat because he had problems with 

internet connection and speed, the fios live tech contacted some kind of  network group and they fix the problem,

Just make sure you checked everything on your side,in your case you already checked your router, but do not

forget cables and splitter (if you have),

if you unplug and reconnect your cables and the splitter is ok, will be time to contact fios tech support.

Good Luck!

Hubrisnxs
Legend
What do u mean by static? Did u upgrade to static ips?
0 Likes