Router issues?
momof3roses
Enthusiast - Level 1

After months of complaining about our router dropping, Verizon finally sent a tech over and he found many problems both inside and outside the house stemming from our initial installation.  He replaced everything including our router.  Once he left, all of our apple products easily connected to the wireless router, however, one laptop will only connect with limited access and NO internet access at all.  It can see the router and has the correct password in there, but will not allow us to get on the internet.  I had an old laptop that took me literally 3 hours to try to get to connect to the router and it finally worked.  The old laptop is running Windows 7 and the new laptop is running windows 8.  Has anyone had any issues with Windows 8 and Verizon?  I also tried plugging the laptop directly into the router and it did not find the router at all.  Yet, before the technician came, I was able to get online on the Windows 8 laptop.  I'm thinking its something in the way the router is configured?  Is that possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I don't have any more free hours of time to spend on the phone with tech support:-)

0 Likes