Router resets
TRX7

Hi. My Fios router resets itself about 4 times a day. When I check the logs there is  a "BHR4 TIME CHANGE EVENT" and  "BHR4 RESTART EVENT".

Has anyone else had this issue? I have a G1100 router.

0 Likes
Re: Router resets
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello, what is the LED light doing on the outside of the router? Does it turn red, or blink? 

Have you by chance tried a factory reset? Here are the steps (taken from: https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet/fios/fios-quantum-gateway/troubleshooting)

Pressing and holding the red reset button located on the back of the FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 will restore the gateway to the factory default settings shown on the sticker located on the side of your gateway. Use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.

Do you have TV service with Verizon FiOS? If you don't you could also use your own router of your choosing. 

Re: Router resets
TRX7

The red "internet" led never flashes. The white "wireless" led does. This is the 3rd router Verizon has given me and it does the exact same thing everytime. The ONT is brand new as well as it's associatd power supply. 

I have tv service through FIOS so I'm searching for a compatible router. As much as Verizon charges, my service should never go down and their equipment should work!!!!

0 Likes