Router settings?
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the 150/150 Fios plan.  Came home from work and the internet was out.  After rebooting and reseting the router, and the ONT, it was still down.  I checked all the physical connections and everything seems fine as well.  I went into the Network Connections on the router and it says "Cable Disconnected" for the Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax).  I tried a series of disabling/enabling, and trying to renew the DHCP.  Still no luck.  My TV in the other room works fine, so I hooked the router up to that coax, and still says Cable Disconnected.

I ended up taking the router to the garage where the ONT is located.  Plugged it directly into the ethernet port, and it connected automatically (except I have no coax there so my set-top boxes are not on the network).  I also had to run a hardline adapter from the garage to my pc so I could use it to google fixes (and I am only getting 10mb download through the hardline). 

I thought maybe the coax port on the router was broken, but when I plug it in it says the Coax is connected with connection type Hardware MoCA.  Is there some setting so that it makes the coax used as the broadband connection?  I didn't change anything so I don't know why it stopped working in the first place.  Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Router settings?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

With 150 plan, Internet will be provisioned via Ethernet.

So I would expect the rotuer to say no connection via coax.

Not sure what you mean by hardline adapter.

0 Likes