Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Router stuck "Obtaining DHCP lease"

SOLVED
matt1122
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Router stuck "Obtaining DHCP lease"

Message 1 of 4
(9,801 Views)

I woke up this morning and could not connect to the internet.  The Network and MOCA lights on the ONT are green.  The Internet light on the router is yellow.  When I go to Network Connections in the router configuration it tells me it is "Obtaining DHCP lease" but just sits there.  It's been stuck this way for several hours.

I have tried restarting the router both via the reboot option and by unplugging it, waiting, then plugging it back in.

Is there anything else I can do before I call for service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Router stuck "Obtaining DHCP lease"

Message 2 of 4
(9,751 Views)

@matt1122 wrote:

I woke up this morning and could not connect to the internet.  The Network and MOCA lights on the ONT are green.  The Internet light on the router is yellow.  When I go to Network Connections in the router configuration it tells me it is "Obtaining DHCP lease" but just sits there.  It's been stuck this way for several hours.

I have tried restarting the router both via the reboot option and by unplugging it, waiting, then plugging it back in.

Could try restarting the ONT.

You'll need to disconnect the power line and the battery to do do that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 4
(9,752 Views)

@matt1122 wrote:

Could try restarting the ONT.

You'll need to disconnect the power line and the battery to do do that.

View solution in original post

Sledgehammer
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,209 Views)
I had the identical problem. Once I figured out that the ONT is the box verizon hooked up in my basement I followed the directions (unplug and disconnect battery, wait 1 minute, replug and reconnect the battery) and everything works again. I wonder why Verizon help didn't suggest this? Too complicated for most?
Sledgehammer
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,207 Views)
FYI.ONT stands for Optical Network Terminal. It is where the FIOS line comes into your house and gets converted into an electrical signal.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title