Router unable to connect with non-Apple products
wmgmartin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two IPhones, one Android tablet, and a Kindle book reader.  The latter two devices do not anymore connect tomy Wi-Fi.   The Android tablet says that the wi-fi connection is "saved, secured with WPA2," and then says there is an "authentication problem."  The Kindle does not return an error message.   I've rebooted the router, and the two devices, I've "forgotten" the Wi-Fi and re entered the info, and I've pressed the various "Wi-Fi Protected Setup Buttons."  The two devices can connect to Wi-Fi from other sources.   I haven't changed the router password nor the Wi-Fi passwords.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router unable to connect with non-Apple products
wmgmartin
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem appears to have resolved itself.  CRobGauth thanks for your responses.  I have a feeling that a firmware update caused an incompatibility that was resolved by either a patch or something I did to revive the wi-fi channels.  Apparently the firmware updates are pushed out by the manufacturer without notice to the end users.  I wish that were not so.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model router?

0 Likes
wmgmartin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its a Verizon FIOS G1100.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do they have issues connecting to both 2.4G and 5G wifi?

0 Likes
wmgmartin
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem appears to have resolved itself.  CRobGauth thanks for your responses.  I have a feeling that a firmware update caused an incompatibility that was resolved by either a patch or something I did to revive the wi-fi channels.  Apparently the firmware updates are pushed out by the manufacturer without notice to the end users.  I wish that were not so.  

0 Likes