Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Routing / Latency issues

SOLVED
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Routing / Latency issues

Message 71 of 77
(2,318 Views)

Johnny,

I started noticing the same thing last night when I was working with support again. If I run the Verizon speedtests on speedtest.verizon.net...my downloads are horrible and uploads are great. If I run http://www.speedtest.net or http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/  I'm seeing normal 30/25....I'm thoroughly confused now.

I have tried with my laptop directly connected to the router and it does the same thing...so it doesn't seem to be PC related, but still odd.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 72 of 77
(2,288 Views)

Matt,

Yup I tried running the line directly into my computer (circumventing the router) and saw the same low speeds on the Verizon site.

I wonder where they test?  I'm as confused as you are!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 73 of 77
(2,258 Views)

Honestly, I'm so sick of this issue.  Been going on for about 3-4 weeks now and nothing from Verizon.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 74 of 77
(2,214 Views)

Yep, I'm aware.  However, the person he's quoting is incorrect.  The server in question Tinet-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.72.122]  Located via:

http://en.utrace.de/ip-address/152.179.72.122

Is/was owned by ANS communications.  Which according to PC mag

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,1237,t=ANS&i=37798,00.asp

Ended up being purchased by MCI after going through AOL, Worldcom and the like,  was purchased by Verizon Business in 2006.  So the individual stating it's not a verizon owned server is wrong.

That's what I was commenting on.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 75 of 77
(1,936 Views)

I've just started having problems with this hop. I know this thread is a little old, but it seems the problem still exists. I contacted support after doing some tracerts and they told me they can't do anything since it's outside their network:

The WHOIS of this bad hop: http://whois.net/ip-address-lookup/152.179.50.30

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 76 of 77
(1,698 Views)

You know what the best part about this issue is? We are months into this thread, nearly 80 posts in with reports for several different games, from several different regions of the country and yet not a single person with half a brain from Verizon has replied.

Verizon you should be ashamed, your customer service is extremely poor and your higher tiered techs are just as bad. If I provided this level of customer service to my customers I would be fired.

WAKE UP and help your customers that keep your business floating. I am almost out of my contract and as soon as I am done I will be taking my business back to Cox, at least I never had these issues in the 10 years I had their service.

/rant

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 77 of 77
(2,599 Views)

@chzoom wrote:

You know what the best part about this issue is? We are months into this thread, nearly 80 posts in with reports for several different games, from several different regions of the country and yet not a single person with half a brain from Verizon has replied.

Verizon you should be ashamed, your customer service is extremely poor and your higher tiered techs are just as bad. If I provided this level of customer service to my customers I would be fired.

WAKE UP and help your customers that keep your business floating. I am almost out of my contract and as soon as I am done I will be taking my business back to Cox, at least I never had these issues in the 10 years I had their service.

/rant

I think perhaps you are a bit confused. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. Posters are fellow end-users like you unless noted as a Verizon Employee via rank and/or avatar.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.