Rural Fixed Wireless
Stephany86

Hello i am getting ready to build a house i  a rural area that i have been told has nothing but satelite (ie. Direct tv) available. There is a tower that verizon uses in line of sight of the property. To whom would i need to speak to about seeing if i could use this to setup fixed wireless or if its even possible? I really miss my Fios.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Rural Fixed Wireless
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

Stephany86

This is about about residential services please read entire post before telling to go to wireless support.....

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

P,ease read your own post. “Fixed wireless” IS WIRELESS. Not fiber optics to the home FIOS.

community.verizonwireless.com 

that is where you want to post. 1-800-922-0204 is their number or 611 from a Verizon wireless phone.

Stephany86

ok well apparently i have confused the uninformed so let me clarify my question. I am trying to get contact information for someone who can help me with RESIDENTIAL HOME SERVICES to include home phone, home internet, and home tv services threw verizons deployment of home fixed wireless(has nothing to do with verizon cellular wireless), which they are currently deploying all over the US right now. If the word wireless confuses you please ignore this post and just move on. If anyone has constructive contact information on this subject it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Some people just don’t understand. Ok one final time.

fixed wireless to the home is handled by the wireless division.

the community forum and phone number are valid.

now this forum deals with fiber optics to the home or business class.

fiber tv, fiber internet and fiber telephone. Nothing wireless.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/single-device-plan/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AW-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-...

And see this link.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/home-office-solutions/verizon-lte-internet-and-home-phone/

Again it’s handled by the WIRELESS DIVISION 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stephany86 wrote:

Hello i am getting ready to build a house i  a rural area that i have been told has nothing but satelite (ie. Direct tv) available. There is a tower that verizon uses in line of sight of the property. To whom would i need to speak to about seeing if i could use this to setup fixed wireless or if its even possible? I really miss my Fios.

Verizon doesn’t offer FiOS from a cell tower yet. Maybe in the future they will with 5G. 

In alot of rural areas you are stuck working the DSL for internet since fiber was never ran. 

Cable companies also sometimes don’t run service to rural area either. And if your house is far off the road they will charge you to run cable to the house. So if they aren’t there you will have to get DirecTv or Dish Network and DSL from Verizon. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Loved your reply.

I guess “fixed wireless” has a different meaning for folks looking to get “fixed wireless” yep that would be wireless. 

My friend lives in the rual country and all he has to do is trim trees on his property and he can get high speed services. He won’t do it. He uses dial up. Can you imagine? This from a computer engineer with multiple degrees. Crazy.

0 Likes
Stephany86

Thanks Edg1 yes verizon using it is pretty new and to my understanding is being deployed alot with all this new 5g technology. Im not sure if they are calling the residential side of it 5g or not but that is what im trying to info on. if you have anymore info or resources it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stephany86 wrote:

Thanks Edg1 yes verizon using it is pretty new and to my understanding is being deployed alot with all this new 5g technology. Im not sure if they are calling the residential side of it 5g or not but that is what im trying to info on if i can get the trolls that send links to mifi in home 4g routers to stop commenting like asked, since those products not only have nothing to do with fixed wireless but dont even operate the same lol. if you have anymore info or resources it would be greatly appreciated.

So far Verizon is only implementing 5G in LA, Sacramento, Houston and Indianapolis so it might be some time until 5G shows up on the east coast. So I would definitely plan on getting something else in the interim. There's no Cable provider in your area? If it is on the block it might be worth it to pay to run it to your house. With all the streaming we do today. DSL might not work out that well for you.

0 Likes