SCAMMED..Offered $300 Visa Gift card, Now I'm told I don't qualify!!!!!!!!!!
MrsStokes1

On February 15th when i was moving in March,  I decided to switch from Comcast to Fios because they were offering a $300 visa gift card for new customers who signed up with Fios bundle services.  They emailed me a confirmation of my order, that outlined my services, along with how much my monthly bill would look like, and the requirement of the 300.00 visa gift card.  They stated after 90 of paying your bill on time they, will send you an email regarding the offer. After viewing the email I noticed that the amount on the email was higher then what they offered in the store.  I contacted customer service the same day, and informed them of their mistake.  They corrected my order from 99.99 to 79.99, not once during the phone call or the email confirmation mentioned, if any changes are made to your bundle package,  this will disqualify you from receiving the 300.00 gift card.  I reached out to them in April to check the status of my gift card, and was informed, there was no gift card part of my order.....WHAT!!!!!.  

I quickly escalated this to a supervisor, in which I was transferred from customer service to the reward department, back to customer service to a supervisor again.  They search my order nothing, I quickly pulled up my original email that had my $300 dollar gift card on there.  They finally decided, since it was part of my original order, that I will still receive my gift card and they will make notes to my account if there was in problems in the future.  I called again June 9th to check the status of when they will be mailing out my card...well lord and behold there was still no gift card part of my order, i'm beyond mad at this moment.  

I escalated this to a supervisor once again, by now I have been on the phone with them for over 1 hour and 24 minutes....unbelievable.  Once I mentioned how long i was on the phone, the phone call disconnected.  They didn't even call back.  My frustration is beyond upset at this point.   I called them back and spoke with another supervisor, and she basically stated since " SINCE I MADE CHANGES TO MY PLAN" and  the current plan i have does not offer a 300.00 gift card. Did i mention, it was their mistake in the first place, and i way original offered by the sale rep in Walmart.

I switch my services to Fios, because they had a great bundle package and reward of 300 attached to it.  Now that I have faithfully paid my bill on time,  I'm giving the run around about my gift card.  This is totally unfair that you guys offer these offers, and do not clearly communicate information to customers.  I was told in April I will get my card, now it's June I'm basically told sorry I cant help you, and if you want the card you have to switch your plan to the 99.99 plan in order to get it......WHAT!!!!!!!!!!   This is scam, you get customers to switch to your services or sign up, but do not honor the incentives you offer.  When I look this up on the Internet, many customers have complained about the same issues. I feel like i'm being punished for their mix up. I feel due to their mistake, they should honor my original order and send me my gift card.  I'm willing to escalate this to the point if I have to get corporate involved or cancel my services, BECAUSE IS TOTALLY NOT FAIR. Someone drop the ball here, and now I have to pay by NOT getting my gift card UNACCEPTABLE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: SCAMMED..Offered $300 Visa Gift card, Now I'm told I don't qualify!!!!!!!!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MrsStokes,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes