Re: SLOW internet for 1 month
rabbithat1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats a good idea. They did send a tech and he didn't know anything, but I will push the VOD problem. Thanks

AaronA1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet is slow too. I just got FIOS a few weeks ago. At first I was getting 20 up 20 down.. Now Im Getting 15 up 4 down. 10 minutes ago the Verizon Speed Test 2 up 1 down. Why am I paying for faster service if its not FASTER. At least with Time Warner my internet speeds where consistent. I am trying to run a business from home which is why I purchased FIOS in the first place. Thier commercials of "having the fastest intenet around". Ya its fast...when its not slow!

0 Likes
awindrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have the same problem with the speed, especially download speed, please read my post “user name: awindrider”.

In my case, the traffic is very spotty; it seems that the streams are pumping instead of a nice flow.     By selecting different servers in close vicinity man can get different results, obviously as user, we have no control in how Verizon is routing the traffic to the internet backbone but obviously they have traffic problems.  

They should be helpful and thankful that users are spending their time to debug Verizon’s problems.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Business Class service with the FiOS AaronA? That should be giving you a little more leverage into getting on better routes if any are around. You do need to keep in mind though, FiOS has no SLA which is what true business connections come with to guarantee an X amount of bandwidth on the backbone at all times.

jimryan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having similar problems in the NY area over the past month.  Anytime I call Verizon about it their tactics are the same ... make the customer believe they are the only customer experiencing the issue.  My FIOS agreement is for 15/5 service.  At times I get 21/6 and at other times I get noticeably slow 8/0.6.  Snow days, last work day before a holiday weekend, 8-9:30 pm nightly, and other heavy usage scenarios all appear to be when the slow down occurs.  My preliminary traceroute results indicate that my connection to the local branch office is good but the hop after that appears to be the weak link.  FIOS has been competing heavily with Cable companies in my area so I suspect they may have taken on more Customers than their infrastructure can handle.

It would be nice to see this issue resolved rather than have to call in and get "the dog and pony show".

0 Likes
rabbithat1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For me its been about 1 month as well. I'm getting nowhere calling the tecjh support and they have said that its been escalated to engineering and someone would get  back to me, but thats over a week ago. I'm about to just cancel. 😞

0 Likes
Bluebeard1
Enthusiast - Level 1
My company operates an Internet connection packet loss test on their website. It will find packet loss and latency in an Internet connection and show whether it is in the ISPs network or something at the customer's location. The source of speed problems can almost always be found by looking for packet loss and latency. After reading this thread I checked the tool for FIOS customers currently running a report. I found one in Orlando and two in DC. The Orlando and one DC customer look great. The other DC report looks bad but it looks specific to the customer's location and not a Verizon network issue. My point is your problems may be fixable at your location. The packet loss test tool can be found at http://www.hostmycalls.com/tools/
rabbithat1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got in touch with a Verizon Network Engineer who I showed exaclty how I was performing my tests through a remote session. He agreed that there was a major problem and that he would look at it closer over the next few days.

It is five days later and it is finally fixed!! My major problem in this is the lack of knowledge that the regular user has would not be able to troubleshoot this and should NOT have to do this for the service they are paying for. 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rabbithat wrote:

I finally got in touch with a Verizon Network Engineer who I showed exaclty how I was performing my tests through a remote session. He agreed that there was a major problem and that he would look at it closer over the next few days.

It is five days later and it is finally fixed!!

That is great to hear/read. Please mark as solved.

@rabbithat wrote:
My major problem in this is the lack of knowledge that the regular user has would not be able to troubleshoot this and should NOT have to do this for the service they are paying for. 

Perhaps you should post an idea in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas ?
0 Likes