SLOW speeds on 1gb connection
thereverend2

Ok this is my 2nd time posting this, 1st time did not take..

I have had a 1GB connection for 4months. Since day 1 I have never gotten 1gb or anything close to it. I called in they sent out a tech who came out and replaced the ONT. When he tested the connection direct he was not getting even 300 download. He said it was most likely a line or internet routing problem and that the problem would be resolved within 24/48 hours. Here I am 3 months later and still the same issue. Very unstable internet connection with speeds in flux from 300 to 500 on a good day. I keep calling and calling and the techs i get out of the phillipines are of no help what so ever.. Re-setting the modem and offering to RESEND techs out to check my ont.. BUT the ONT is not the problem.. the LINE is or the ROUTING on verizons side is.. Does ANYONE have a phone # or way I can get in touch with someone that is in the USA in management? So can get this issue resolved? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: SLOW speeds on 1gb connection
jonjones1
Legend

This kind of post is a common complaint. However the soeeds under what conditions?

is this direct connection from a computer connected to the router being tested on verizons proprietary network? They say up to speeds 949/880 not 1024/1024 

if you are talking wifi, well those numbers would be considered good speeds.

call vetizon if your hard wire speeds are that low and have them provision you for the correct speed tier.

slow speeds by devices are due to wifi or nic radios, the drivers on the devices and the ability to obtain and or use gigabyte speed.

if you cannot get it fixed contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and have them intervene.

0 Likes
thereverend2

This is the HARDWIRED With CAT 7 Cables direct to MODEM .

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi thereverend,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes