SOPA Protest day
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you weren't aware. There are a # of websites that will be blacked out today in protest of the SOPA and PIPA bills currently working their way through Congress. Below are a few websites that I'm aware of. Please contribute with a post below of other websites you may know of.

Wikipedia

Mozilla

Reddit

Wordpress

Re: SOPA Protest day
jetta1981

So is this the reason that I all of the sudden can't access the internet at all on my iPhone?  Because I can't get anything involving an internet connection on there.  Thanks.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Jettagirl81 wrote:

So is this the reason that I all of the sudden can't access the internet at all on my iPhone?  Because I can't get anything involving an internet connection on there.  Thanks.

If you're having issues with your iPhone on Verizon Wireless, you'll probably want to ask for help on the Verizon Wireless message board. This message board is for Verizon landline and FiOS services.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Might also point out this website, too. It has a list of a TON of sites that are having Blackout days today: http://sopastrike.com/
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Jettagirl81 wrote:

So is this the reason that I all of the sudden can't access the internet at all on my iPhone? 

No, that's not the cause.  Most if not all the sites have a temporary home page explaining that they are protesting the SOPA/PIPA bills and encourage you to contact your represenative and senators.

0 Likes