Switch Account

SSID was changed

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

SSID was changed

Message 1 of 4
(462 Views)

My wireless network suddenly disappeared and all devices that were on it were disconnected. However, I eventually realized that one of the connections with a name I did not recognize was mine, as the same password worked. Can someone explain how the SSID can change without my knowing? Should I change the SSID to a new one?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: SSID was changed

Message 2 of 4
(432 Views)

If you log in to router, do you see any devices connected via wireless on new ssid?

I would change ssid and password.

also change router password

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(424 Views)

All the devices that were showing, I was able to account for. I did however change the SSID and password. Is there any possible explanation for what happened? Is it preventable?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(375 Views)

Was it changed to something generic?

If not, its possible someone hacked your router.

That's why I suggested you also change login password to router.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.