Re: SSL VPN not working
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks all for Help.

Techman28 thank you for enabling my LAN port. It would not work without that.

Anyway I had to introduce another router. This would not work without enabling the LAN port. Video On Demand works just fine.

Bart

If anyone needs detail explanation I will post it here if it's necessary.

Bart

0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1
Message Edited by Pyao on 01-15-2009 10:41 PM
0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what works for me

ONT ---Ethernet--->Linksys(rr-wrt)----------------->MY PC

|_________>ACTIONTEC

Previously

OTN ---Coax-->ActionTech --Ethernet--> MY COMPUTER

0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

Did you try this?

ONT --Ethernet-->ActionTec -->MyPC

or

ONT--Ethernet-->Linksys-->ActionTec--->MyPC

I have 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7, but I had the same issue since I got FIOS in mid December.

Message Edited by Pyao on 01-15-2009 10:47 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I'm gonna see if the new firmware had anything to do with your issue.  I see a lot of posts here regarding VPN since the new fimware within the last few weeks
0 Likes
neojag
Will this effect the quality of the TV signal at all switching from coax to ethernet?
0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see any issues with both of the TV's that we have, on top of that my internet connection is better then before. Before I had to wait a bit before a page starts loading. Now it just opens.

This is what I have right now

ONT Ethernet connection to my Linksys Router to which I have all of my computers connected using LAN and wireless . I also connected the WAN interface of the Actiontec router to a LAN port on the Linksys router.

On top of that I had to clone the mac address from Actiontec Ethernet WAN to the WAN interface of my Linksys router. I also released the IP lease on the Actiontec router before disconnecting it from the WAN port and connecting my Linksys to the ONT. I also enabled STP on the Wan interface of my Linksys router. I had to setup my Linksys LAN to be on a subnet that doesn't conflict with Actiontec Home Network which is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255. I picked my Linksys LAN to be 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0

I hope this helps.

Bart

0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2
I guess I can call the support to cancel my ticket 🙂
0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

How is this step done (I don't have my Linksys G router up)?   Which Linksys router do you have?

On top of that I had to clone the mac address from Actiontec Ethernet WAN to the WAN interface of my Linksys router. 

My OTN is in the basement, I have to either get an Access Point upstairs.

What's the best way to contact Verizon to temporary switch to Ethernet to test VPN?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Techman28 it doesn't sound like the coax but the ActionTec router. Changing to Ethernet just allows customers to use their own router which seems to work.
0 Likes