Switch Account

SSL certificate error

Contributor Parker3743
Contributor
Message 1 of 15
(5,741 Views)

Anyone seen this error when attempting to access router settings from the Fios app?? Started a couple of weeks ago. I’ve tried rebooting the router and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Still have the same problem.

14 REPLIES 14
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 15
(5,681 Views)

Any chance you can get the error details causing the SSL warning to occur? I'm not familiar with the app in particular, but typically routers cause this becauese they use self signed certificates, which typically nothing trusts by default.

Highlighted
Contributor Jeff-L
Contributor
Message 3 of 15
(5,463 Views)

Yes! It's killing me. I've been unable to connect to the Internet setting section in the "My Fios" iPhone app for a few weeks. I haven't had time to finish troubleshooting it yet nor sit on the phone with Verizon for an hour...

Please let us know if you've found a solution.

Contributor Fus
Contributor
Message 4 of 15
(4,981 Views)

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It worked fine for years. I recently upgraded my speeds and with that came a new router.  Ever since the install, I get the SSL certificate error.

Contributor DMSverizonuser1
Contributor
Message 5 of 15
(4,933 Views)

I upgraded my wi-fi and got a new router.  I downloaded the fios app.  Trying to manage my internet but keep getting ssl certificate error. Help! I keep calling Verizon but no help 😩

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 6 of 15
(4,928 Views)

Try twitter @verizonsupport

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor CNeverleave
Contributor
Message 7 of 15
(4,044 Views)

Hi, did you ever find a resolution to this? Been driving me bonkers for about 5 months now. Thank you!!

Contributor yiyi
Contributor
Message 8 of 15
(3,219 Views)

Same issue here.  Very frustrated.  Anyone knows how to fix it? 

Contributor Mamo1
Contributor
Message 9 of 15
(1,270 Views)

Open the wifi window in settings on your phone.  The network associated with the new router should be displayed.  Connect to the basic 2.4 link.  when the connection is made you will see a small letter i in the id line. Click on that and you willsee the info for that link. There is also a renew lease button.  renew the lease and the app will now be allowed to work with the router.

Contributor Mamo1
Contributor
Message 10 of 15
(1,269 Views)

If you renew the lease on the network server the app will work.  To do this you open settings on your phone and click on wifi.  Connect to the basic connection which is the 2.4G service.  when you are connected you may see a small letter i on the id line. click on that and look for renew lease.  Click on renew lease and renew the lease.  I did that and now my myfios app works with the router.  Good luck. My device is an iPhone. I do not know what to do with a Android.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.