Switch Account

SSL certificate error

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 11 of 16
(600 Views)

I believe Vz will have to fix this.   It's likely because the firmware in the Vz router recently started redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS secure connections and is using a self-signed certificate.   You can bypass this on a standard browser by clicking to accept (or in the "Advanced" section of a Chrome browser.   However, I don't believe there is a way to do this in the app.

Contributor BV57
Contributor
Message 12 of 16
(568 Views)

Is everybody on this thread using and iPhone?   Apple has upgraded it's certificate trust policies on recent IOS releases.    Self-signed certificates and some less secure certificates are now a problem.    It is particularly a problem withe the IOS and OSX public betas

Contributor GriffH2OTown
Contributor
Message 13 of 16
(555 Views)

Renew lease is not working for me yet.

Highlighted
Contributor Xconnect
Contributor
Message 14 of 16
(419 Views)

Dame here, nothing seems to work. Renewed lease, restart phone, restart router. 

Contributor Maaarrkkk
Contributor
Message 15 of 16
(237 Views)

I am also getting this error. I've rebooted the router, renewed the lease on 2.4 and 5, uninstalled/reinstalled the app and no luck. Tech support had me on hold and transferred back and forth for THREE HOURS with no resolution 

Contributor Sugababytkd
Contributor
Message 16 of 16
(124 Views)

I have tried this I'm getting nothing 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.