Re: SSL certificate error
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe Vz will have to fix this.   It's likely because the firmware in the Vz router recently started redirecting from HTTP to HTTPS secure connections and is using a self-signed certificate.   You can bypass this on a standard browser by clicking to accept (or in the "Advanced" section of a Chrome browser.   However, I don't believe there is a way to do this in the app.

BV57

Is everybody on this thread using and iPhone?   Apple has upgraded it's certificate trust policies on recent IOS releases.    Self-signed certificates and some less secure certificates are now a problem.    It is particularly a problem withe the IOS and OSX public betas

0 Likes
GriffH2OTown

Renew lease is not working for me yet.

0 Likes
Xconnect

Dame here, nothing seems to work. Renewed lease, restart phone, restart router. 

0 Likes
Maaarrkkk

I am also getting this error. I've rebooted the router, renewed the lease on 2.4 and 5, uninstalled/reinstalled the app and no luck. Tech support had me on hold and transferred back and forth for THREE HOURS with no resolution 

0 Likes
Sugababytkd

I have tried this I'm getting nothing 

0 Likes
Sugababytkd

I have been dealing with this for months even received a new router and nothing. 

0 Likes
Sugababytkd

Been dealing with this for months even replaces router I'm so over it I'm thinking about leaving Fios. 

0 Likes
Xconnect

Same here, zero progress. I've contacted support several times, bounced around, they had me send an email to "expedited support". No response.

0 Likes
Ness7

I went into my settings on my phone , went to “WiFi” if you have any unsecured WiFi in your setting such as “ optimum WiFi” press the little blue circle with the “i “ in the middle and where It says “auto login” make sure that’s turned off... then try to go back to the Fios app. It worked for me. With a iPhone FYI 

0 Likes