Same spam sender keeps changing his domain to get through
timbo4455
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have a proven method of getting rid of relentless spam from the same same sender? New spam arrives everyday from the same sender, is added to the filter lists, and then the spam sender simply increments his domain by one digit, or changes the subject title, and sends the same **bleep**. An example:

Spam message with the subject Timeshare Cash is received from Joe@123.com

The above subject "Timeshare Cash" is added to the blocked subject list, and 'Joe@123.com" is added to filter.

The next day the subject is changed to Free Laptop from Joe@124.com  and this too is filtered and blocked, but the same spam is received daily, my block and filter lists grow everyday.

Does anyone know if a wildcard can be inserted? For example, Joe@*.com?

Thanks, timbo4455

0 Likes
Re: Same spam sender keeps changing his domain to get through
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I am not sure yet, it would help to know what e-mail client you are using.

0 Likes
Re: Same spam sender keeps changing his domain to get through
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

Well, you could filter anything with "Joe" in the sender field... as long as you don't know any other Joes, that is.  Smiley Wink

You might want to check your spam folder before deleting stuff in that case, but that is a good practice anyway, since I have on more than one occasion seen something I was supposed to get that got put there by accident.

0 Likes