Samsung g3 7" tablet Android Jelly Bean and FIOS Wireless
jdh05

I am trying to log onto YMQVB network, the letters that are on my router, but my password keeps getting refused even though I know it is right! What's next?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung g3 7" tablet Android Jelly Bean and FIOS Wireless
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Are you sure you're using the correct password?

If you have a rev. I router, there are two passwords on the service label.

"Password" on the first line.  That is the password to logon to the administrative interface, not the wireless password.

On the third line is the "WPA2 KEY".  This is what you should be entering as the wireless passphrase.

Be sure your wireless device is set to use WPA2 security.

If that fails, then you should try a hard reset on the router to restore it to factory defaults.

At that point the WPA2 Key on the label should work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Are you sure you're using the correct password?

If you have a rev. I router, there are two passwords on the service label.

"Password" on the first line.  That is the password to logon to the administrative interface, not the wireless password.

On the third line is the "WPA2 KEY".  This is what you should be entering as the wireless passphrase.

Be sure your wireless device is set to use WPA2 security.

If that fails, then you should try a hard reset on the router to restore it to factory defaults.

At that point the WPA2 Key on the label should work.

0 Likes
jdh05

Thanks for the help. I, at long last figured it out. If only the **bleep** tablet came with an owners manual....

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The owner's manual should be found on the device itself from the "Help" app. At least that's how Samsung does it on their phones.