Scheduled Install - No one Showed up
barnrubble
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. Here is my delemia. I scheduled Verizon to do move my services to my new residence on 3/13. I waited home all day for the tech. No one showed up, When I contacted Verizon I was told that they had suspened all installs due to the damage from the two Northeast storms. That is fine and I can understand that. But what I can understand is that they told me I should have been contacted by someone which did not happened. The next avalable date is 3/27. Now I have to take off work again and my kids are without TV or internet for 3 weeks almost. What happened to first come first served and what happend to oh we are sorry that no one called you but we can squeeze you ASAP

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled Install - No one Showed up
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@barnrubble wrote:

What happened to first come first served and what happend to oh we are sorry that no one called you but we can squeeze you ASAP

With the three back to back Nor'easter storms, Verizon likely has needed to pull technicians to other areas to repair everything from the cellular infrastructure, to the old copper network and the newer FiOS Network. Running with that assumption, the repair and install crew in your area is probably just skeleton enough to keep the network in general maintained, but there isn't enough work capacity on hand to bother handling installs (Which do take a good portion of the day - multi-hour installs are not uncommon) until enough repairs can be done elsewhere to bring the techs back home.

The above practice, whether assumption or reality, is very common. Subcontractors may also be swamped, and with telecommunications infrastructure, it's an all hands on deck scenario when substantial damage has been done. Unlike the cable companies, Verizon doesn't typically subcontract their landline network work out. That is typically only practiced with the cellular network, where tower climbing teams are done by companies and technicians who both insure, and specialize in the (Very dangerous) work.

With that said, hopefully your install can be done soon! Even better news is, if your new home already has an ONT (Optical Network Terminal), a self install can probably be done to speed up the process.

barnrubble
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really. What do I need in order to complete something like that

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

To keep the kids happy, if you are in an urban area, try a pair of rabbit ears, or a window antenna.  Otherwise, a DVR and some DVD.  Many public libraries loan DVD

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your new house has an ONT, try contacting customer service and ask if they can switch to self install.

Either call 1800Verizon or via twitter @verizonsupport

0 Likes