Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Screen highjacked by VxDetectAgent this morning, annoyance ensues

aepva
Contributor
Contributor

Screen highjacked by VxDetectAgent this morning, annoyance ensues

Message 1 of 3
(460 Views)

I am a bit annoyed this morning that the VzDetectAgent decided to throw up a screen this morning to tell me I wasn't optimizing my Internet connection - that would not let me close it unless I selected a 'help' option. Even trying to shut the process showing me that screen in the task manager was denied.

I welcome the help, but I do not like being forced to select an option to make the screen go away - and I note there was no option not to run the optimizer, just various delays.  So now I know my screen is going to be hijacked again in a month.

And, I don't have a high enough internet volume to need 'optimizing'. I don't experience delays. I do email and browse the web. Once in a while I watch a video or play a game. That's all.

Come on Verizon, this is an annoying thing that you could easily have avoided doing. Give us the option to close the optimizer without making a selection. Please.

2 REPLIES 2
Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: Screen highjacked by VxDetectAgent this morning, annoyance ensues

Message 2 of 3
(442 Views)
. Sorry, my response was incorrect so I removed it. Verizon can delete my post.
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Screen highjacked by VxDetectAgent this morning, annoyance ensues

Message 3 of 3
(427 Views)

Go to the programs under contol panel and uninstall the IHA_MessageCenter that should fix your problem.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.