Seagate Goflex Home doesn't appear in Network or homegroup on Wifi computers
lsrothstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have just upgraded to the new Fios Quantum router (FiOS-G1100).  Connected the GofelxHome NAS to a network port on the router and connected my computer via wifi to the router.  I am running WIndows 8.1 on the wireless computer.  

I can ping the NAS, and access the NAS's web admin page, but it does not appear in either the Windows Explorer Network or Homegroup section.  When I run the Seagate Dashboard, I can access the NAS shares via the Dashboard, but it does not assign the shares to direve letters on my computer as is used to when connected to an earlier Asus router.

Also, if I connect my computer to a network port on the router, via eithernet, all works fine.  Looks like the router is blocking something between the wired and wireless connections.  Any ideas if there is a router setting that needs to be changed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Seagate Goflex Home doesn't appear in Network or homegroup on Wifi computers
lsrothstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the problem.  I had to reset the IP address for the NAS (GoflexHome) in my computer's firewall.  Connection problems seem to always trace to the firewall.  Should have looked there first,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Seagate Goflex Home doesn't appear in Network or homegroup on Wifi computers
lsrothstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the problem.  I had to reset the IP address for the NAS (GoflexHome) in my computer's firewall.  Connection problems seem to always trace to the firewall.  Should have looked there first,

0 Likes