Second router configuration
dimnd13

Hope everyone here is well.  I tried calling Verizon Tech about this issue but I don't know I explained myself well.  I know this can be done b/c I had a friend just do it.  I currently have a Verizon router at one end of my house.  On the opposite end there is very poor wifi connection.  I used a splitter to run a coaxial cable to the other end of the house to connect an Actiontec WCB3000N router.  When connected, the Actiontec comes up as a network but can not be used.  My question is, how can I use and configurate this Actiontec connected to the same coax line the Verizon router is as the original Verizon network.  I don't know if it's considered a "bridge".

0 Likes
Re: Second router configuration
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a bridge not a router so not configuring should be necessary. The main thing is to make sure the coax its plugged into is wired back to main splitter. If the coax light is not green then it is not. 

0 Likes
Re: Second router configuration
dimnd13

When it is connected to the coax, the light is green.  Everthing seems connected correctly.  The issue I'm having is that it comes up as its own wifi network "Actiontec".  

0 Likes
Configurate
dimnd13

Sorry for the new thread as I am new to the board.  Here is my update.  I am trying to add an Actiontec wcb3000n to help boost my wifi in a bad spot around my house using a coax.  My current problem is that the Actiontec runs off its own network.  I am currently able to log on with the password on the back of the Actiontec.  However, I am looking to see if I am able to have it merge onto my current verizon fios network.  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Configurate
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Normally they will clone the SSID and password but if they don’t you can do it manually. 

Step 1would be logging into the router and finding out the IP address of the WCB3000N. Type 192.168.1.1 into your browser and user name will be admin and password should be on router. You will see the assigned IP address under My Network. 

Step 2 is open another brower with that IP 192.168.1.x and that will bring you to the WCB3000N admin screen. User will be admin and password should be on sticker. 

Step 3 once logged in to WCB3000N go to Wirelss setting and change your SSID from Actiontec to whatever your routers is. Same with password. Both SSID and password have to be exact/case sensitive. 

0 Likes