Security deposit refund
Andrey1

Hi,

I started using Verizon FIOS internet in June 2014 with $125 security deposit and disconnected it in Aug 2015, but I still don't know where my deposit is.

I called to customer support and after some time I was told that Verizon tried to return the deposit to the card it was paid from in June 2015 and failed to do that. Then it was next attempt to return the deposit in July 2015 which was successfull without any evidence of transaction(?).

So I have these questions:

1) Why Verizon didn't communicate any refund problems with me in June 2015?

2) How can refund be accepted if credit card was closed in December 2014?

3) Why Verizon don't have any transaction evidence of this refund?

4) How can I get my deposit back?

My account#: {edited for privacy}

Can this problem be resolved as soon as possible?

Best regards,

Andrey

0 Likes
Re: Security deposit refund
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes