Self installation bring up wrong company page for activation
Ryan051

I’m self installing fios with my own router and have the coaxial cord plugged into the ONT box fios had installed in the apartment. When I connect to my router with a device and go to a webpage it redirects me to an xfinity activation page. 

Ive tried resetting the router by holding the reset button but it still brings up the wrong company page. I did use to have xfinity before switching providers

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Self installation bring up wrong company page for activation
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you didn't remove all of the Comcast equipment.  Make sure the cable modem is completely removed, unplugged, and tossed in the trash (okay, you can put it in a box, give it away or sell it.)  Make sure the coax network is completely disconnected from the Comcast drop.

Once the above is done, plug an Ethernet cable from the WAN port on your router to the WAN port on the ONT.  Then try again.

If you don't subscribe to fios TV services, don't connect any coax.  All you need is Ethernet from the ONT to the router.

If you need more help, provide a lot more detail about your services and equipment.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you didn't remove all of the Comcast equipment.  Make sure the cable modem is completely removed, unplugged, and tossed in the trash (okay, you can put it in a box, give it away or sell it.)  Make sure the coax network is completely disconnected from the Comcast drop.

Once the above is done, plug an Ethernet cable from the WAN port on your router to the WAN port on the ONT.  Then try again.

If you don't subscribe to fios TV services, don't connect any coax.  All you need is Ethernet from the ONT to the router.

If you need more help, provide a lot more detail about your services and equipment.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you're not connecting FiOS to the same Coax network that is connected to Xfinity. Backfeeding Xfinity is going to cause a lot of problems for Xfinity.

FiOS also doesn't use Coax for the Internet connection. Make sure you're connecting via Ethernet between the ONT and the router. Connect the Coax only if you plan to use MoCa between the FiOS router and other devices on your LAN. Or if you have FiOS TV service.