Sending files large files
SGL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a textile designer working at home.I work entirly on computer, and I send in my design files via the internet.Verizon has a limit to what size the files can be. My files range from 5MB-35MB. I have been using "YOUSEND IT"  but some clients cant receive that kind of delivery. In some cases it goes to their junk maol folder, which they never check.. Is there anyway I can upgrade my service so I can send the files through my e-mail account.

NOTE: When I had Optimum I was able to send larger files, not that I want to go there again!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending files large files
SGL
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you, thats great advise.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Even if you were able to upgrade to send larger files (you cant, but if you could) it probably wouldnt do you any good. You have to consider that its not only your email system in question its the other end to. My email service limits me to 5Mb on email. in and out. so if you were to send me a file at 10Mb for example, It wouldnt get to me. Your service may have been able to send it, but mine would not be able to recieve it.

Most email providers limit you to 5-10Mb. There are some that I have seen that will allow up to 20Mb but they are not as common and I dont know of any that allow more than 20.

What you may have to do is get an FTP server, host your files there and then email your clients and tell them to go "here" to download the file. Thats the only way I know of. Maybe someone else will have another idea.

0 Likes
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

If you use yousendit, dont enter an email address, except your own... and then forward them the email. and customize it or whatever....

That way it comes from you instead of yousendit.

unless your own mails come up as spam.

really the only important thing in a yousendit email is the LINK.

0 Likes
SGL
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you, thats great advise.
0 Likes