Seriously Slow Downloads
kes601
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I got home today from work I found my downloads to be betwen .5 and 1 meg.  Normally I am at 19meg.  I've tried a spare Actiontec I have to rule out the router, same problem.  I've disconnected all devices from the router except for a hardwired laptop, same problem.  Switched to a different hardwired laptop, same problem.

I can stream HD VOD to my DVR without a problem -- isn't this done via IP?

Help?  I feel like I am back on dial up. 

0 Likes
Re: Seriously Slow Downloads
kes601
Enthusiast - Level 3
As an update, I reset the ONT this morning (pulled power and battery, let sit 10 minutes, plugged all back in), still no help.  I have a tech coming Saturday, but I have a feeling this is an account issue and not an equipment problem.  I know this is a user-user forum, but sometimes techs are on here so I am hoping somebody can help me out.
0 Likes
vbhokiefan

kes01,

I'm having the same issue. (Trouble with Download speed (but not Upload) ) It started yesterday at some point (Wed Feb 4)

Download speed is horrible, Upload is fine, VOD is fine and the guide is quick as ever.

What part of the country are you in? I'm in Hampton Roads, VA.

0 Likes
kes601
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in VA Beach near Lynnhaven on the S. Plaza CO.

Would you do me a favor so we can get this to be looked at seriously?  Go to this URL, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect and sign up for an account and post about the problem?  It is read by a Vz Tech.  I already have my ticket submitted there.

0 Likes
vbhokiefan

Howdy neighbor! I live near the Silina/Dillon split.

I'm wondering now if it is a Verizon equipment issue in our area.

I am in the processing of signing up on the other site now.

0 Likes
kes601
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yep, I'm thinking CO issue.  I'm on Bethune Dr.  I'll add your location to my thread on the Direct Forum.
0 Likes