Service Move
Lostwarrior
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am moving from my current address to a new place which is under Verizon FIOS provision covered area. I want to keep my existing service and cost. I have FIOS internet 20/5 + TV + Extreme HD + All Premium Packages. I am at 8th mont of my 1  yr contract.

Called customer support for the same, Mentioned him my requirement (keep the same plan and cost + move the service). He said its all taken care of, I receive an order number, checked order details, found out that he had created a new order for 20/15 + TV + Extreme HD + $150 Prepaid. Dropped preminum packages and the cost was way off.

Called the retention and explained the same, they say they cant just move the service but need to create a new order with new price. I mentioned that I will not be able to afford the new price, she mentioned I can remove premium packages or drop some premium channels etc.... but cant do much.

I politely asked if I can cancel my existing service since they dont give me the same package for the same cost in the new place. She mentioned that I have to pay ETF since I am in the contract.

Can someone suggest me a way out of this? I guess this doesnt sound right, I cannot cancel the service since I am in the contract however, I am forced to go with new contract in the new place for another year with more price.

Someone in the other forum suggested to contact PUC to deal with Verizon on Cancel part. I am willing to do the same but would like to settle the matter without involving government personnel and taxpayers money. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23161801-northeast-Service-Move

Thanks and any suggestion is welcome.

0 Likes
Re: Service Move
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Lostwarrior wrote:

Called the retention and explained the same, they say they cant just move the service but need to create a new order with new price. I mentioned that I will not be able to afford the new price, she mentioned I can remove premium packages or drop some premium channels etc.... but cant do much.

Verizon CAN do move orders. Anyone who tells you differently is misinformed. Don't forget you can always ask to speak to a supervisor!

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon does move orders but technically they are a Out and an In order just like Retention stated.  If Lostwarrior had a package(s) or bundle(s) that are no longer available, orders would not be able reinstate them at the new premise as they would no longer exist in the ordering system.

That said, I agree with Somegirl. Go back to orders and request a supervisor. It may or may not do you any good, but I would still go that route. They should be able to work something out that is acceptable to you, at least for the remainder of your contract.

Lostwarrior
Enthusiast - Level 1

@ohpoleez wrote:

Verizon does move orders but technically they are a Out and an In order just like Retention stated.  If Lostwarrior had a package(s) or bundle(s) that are no longer available, orders would not be able reinstate them at the new premise as they would no longer exist in the ordering system.

That said, I agree with Somegirl. Go back to orders and request a supervisor. It may or may not do you any good, but I would still go that route. They should be able to work something out that is acceptable to you, at least for the remainder of your contract.

ohpleez,

your guess is true. I am currently at 20/5 but found out that they have only 20/15 now. I will check supervisor route this time.

Somegirl,

Thanks for the supervisor option. I will call them now and find out some option.

Thanks
0 Likes
Lostwarrior
Enthusiast - Level 1

ohpleez,

your guess is true. I am currently at 20/5 but found out that they have only 20/15 now. I will check supervisor route this time.

Somegirl,

Thanks for the supervisor option. I will call them now and find out some option.

Thanks

Looks like Verizon is screwing me now. Asked for the supervisor politely, supervisor didnt get on the phone but the rep mentioned that they cant help much.

Bottomline, I got the following options,

1. Cancel the existing service with ETF of $119 (dont know why its not $150)

2. Move my existing service with new plan and rate which puts me $20/month more for the next 6 months contract (minus $150 cashback)

3. Same as option 2 + $150 cashback + 1yr contract (instead of 6 months).

End of the day, I am paying my $120 either upfront in option 1 or spread across 6 months in option 2.

I guess, I am going to file a complaint against Verizon through PUC ( Virginia State Corporation Commission) and cancel my service.

Eventhough, I like the shiny FIOS speed and FIOS TV, I guess, I am one of the unfortunate to leave FIOS with a bad taste in my mouth. 😞

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions.

0 Likes