Service Outage in Elkins Park
Tymar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lost internet service Wednesday afternoon  for FIOS. I have been without internet for THREE DAYS!!!  I have been on the phone the last few days trying to get in contact with a customer service rep. Even the status reports are inaccurate (will say service will return by X time and when that time comes it gives another made up time)  Even the call back that I requested wasn’t honored on multiple occasions. So now I’m stuck in the house (due to COVID-19) without cable, internet and central air!!!! (The Thermostat is ran on wifi) This lack of communication is frustrating and I will switch to Xfinity ASAP!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service Outage in Elkins Park
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your thermostat have a manual control setting for adjusting it without a network connection? If it does not, and you're 100% sure of it, and the manufacturer says the same thing, I would advise replacing the product as soon as possible since it will stop working again once the manufacturer decides to retire the cloud servers the thermostat talks to. It's inevitable.

What sort of troubleshooting have you done besides calling in an outage? Do you know where your ONT is? What does it show for status lights?

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your thermostat have a manual control setting for adjusting it without a network connection? If it does not, and you're 100% sure of it, and the manufacturer says the same thing, I would advise replacing the product as soon as possible since it will stop working again once the manufacturer decides to retire the cloud servers the thermostat talks to. It's inevitable.

What sort of troubleshooting have you done besides calling in an outage? Do you know where your ONT is? What does it show for status lights?

Tymar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will check the manual for the thermostat....... I called a friend that works for Verizon and from the picture I sent of the ONT, he said something external is the issue. He will come to check things out soon .

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds good. The picture is hard to see, but it does look like the ONT lost Fiber signal.