Switch Account

Service issues in NYC region? Slow the last few days (usually get 15mbps download, now it's 2-8mbps)

Service issues in NYC region? Slow the last few days (usually get 15mbps download, now it's 2-8mbps)

Contributor darlyn
Contributor

I've had FIOS for about three months and it has been flawless up until about a few days ago. Was getting a solid 14-15 mbps and suddenly everything's bogged down to around 2-8 mbps. For the three months I've had FIOS, I haven't even needed to restart the router (an Actiontec MI424WR). For some reason one day it just dropped the coax connection and I had to restart the router twice in one week for the first time ever shortly before this started happening, but don't see how restarting could possibly have a hand in this issue. Things were fine after restarting anyway.

Is there anywhere I can check for regional issues Verizon is currently experiencing, like I remember seeing during the DSL days? FIOS isn't supposed to go down from my understanding, but I guess anything can happen given the right situation. I've not changed anything on my end at all, and the slowdown is network-wide. I'm in the southern portion of northern New Jersey (near the city of Newark, just west of NYC). 

4 REPLIES 4
Copper Contributor Poland626
Copper Contributor

Yes! I've been having the same issues! I have 20 mbps down usually and I went to speedtest.com today and got only around 1-2mbps!!

Contributor darlyn
Contributor

I contacted my neighbor who has the same service, and guess what? Same problem! Hopefully someone at VZW is reading this...

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

You probably should NOT underestimate the affects of the current Union Workers STRIKE, on your service.  Wireline,  DSL, and FiOS.

Spoiler

just my .02 centz

cjacobs001
Copper Contributor Poland626
Copper Contributor

I was thinking it was the strike.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.