Service issues in NYC region? Slow the last few days (usually get 15mbps download, now it's 2-8mbps)
darlyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had FIOS for about three months and it has been flawless up until about a few days ago. Was getting a solid 14-15 mbps and suddenly everything's bogged down to around 2-8 mbps. For the three months I've had FIOS, I haven't even needed to restart the router (an Actiontec MI424WR). For some reason one day it just dropped the coax connection and I had to restart the router twice in one week for the first time ever shortly before this started happening, but don't see how restarting could possibly have a hand in this issue. Things were fine after restarting anyway.

Is there anywhere I can check for regional issues Verizon is currently experiencing, like I remember seeing during the DSL days? FIOS isn't supposed to go down from my understanding, but I guess anything can happen given the right situation. I've not changed anything on my end at all, and the slowdown is network-wide. I'm in the southern portion of northern New Jersey (near the city of Newark, just west of NYC). 

Re: Service issues in NYC region? Slow the last few days (usually get 15mbps download, now it's 2-8m
Poland626
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes! I've been having the same issues! I have 20 mbps down usually and I went to speedtest.com today and got only around 1-2mbps!!

Re: Service issues in NYC region? Slow the last few days (usually get 15mbps download, now it's 2-8m
darlyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted my neighbor who has the same service, and guess what? Same problem! Hopefully someone at VZW is reading this...

cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

You probably should NOT underestimate the affects of the current Union Workers STRIKE, on your service.  Wireline,  DSL, and FiOS.

Spoiler

just my .02 centz

Poland626
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking it was the strike.