Choose your cart
I am setting up a Cisco RV 120W with DynDNS to the Actiontec
1) I have activated the DynDNS to the Actiontec. Do i also need to activate the DynDNS on the VPN?
2) I have my Actiontec firewall at a minimum setting (allow inbound and outbound) should i bump it up to the Medium setting?
3) I have added the Local VPN setting on the Actiontec DMZ zone (ip 192.168.1.3)
I have now have access to 192.168.1.1 (actiontec) and the cisco 192.168.1.3 from behind the VPN 192.168.20.XXX
Any suggested changes to be made to secure my VPN connections? Firewall from Actiontec? Firwall from Cisco?
Also when trying to connect locally from VPN i get the following messages that could be the cause as to why it doesnt connect:
1) incorrect password
2. No IP for the network card
3. incorrect server address
4. Windows Vista/Windows 7 firewall disabled IPsec service
5. Local IP address conflicts with the subnet of remote VPN Server.
Should i even be able to connect to the VPN locally?
Since i have DynDNS should i use the following address? myaddress.dyndns.org
Thank you for all your help