Setting up Dlink DPR-1260 Print Server to Fios Router
Coke_Girl

I've been trying to set up my printer server and have not been able to access it's web-based set up page.  (I'm no expert so I'm sure I'm doing something simple wrong.)  I'm connecting the print server to the router using an Ethernet cable.  On both ends the lights appear showing a connection.  

Any and all help is appreciated.  I had the print server set up to work with a dlink router before I moved and got FIOS.  All I want to do is print my stuff for Christmas cards.  Smiley Indifferent 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Dlink DPR-1260 Print Server to Fios Router
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

The easiest way to do that would be to get the install setup disk that came with the print server and re-do the setup, again.   If you don't have the disk anymore, the same software may be available for download from the manufacturer's web site.   You could download it to your computer and then 'run' the program 'as if' you had the disk.....

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

something to try, from basics, though is this:

turn everything off, including the router, all computers, and the printer and the print server.

then turn on the router ONLY and wait to turn anything else on until after the internet light comes on, on the router.  then (second) turn on the print server and verify that it has internet (broadcast) before you turn on any computer or the printer.  There should be an indicater light telling you it is working....after it is working, then turn on the printer and the computer.  

This is basic troublshooting for network connections.    

You may also need to connect the computer to the printer via an ethernet cable to set it up correctly.     You really need to read the manual that came with the print server.  If it wasn't already after midnight, I would do it and let you know, but, it is.

0 Likes
raerdts

I have the same problem with the Dink DPr-1260 after a new FIOS router was installed yesterday: I am unable to connect to either the IP address or the name (dlinkps-xxxxxx or dlink-xxxxxx).  Also, a PING to the physical IP address of the DLink print server does not work: it times out.

Verizon support can not assist according to them, since "the connection to the FIOS router" is OK.  Has anyone been able to get this to work?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@raerdts wrote:

I have the same problem with the Dink DPr-1260 after a new FIOS router was installed yesterday: I am unable to connect to either the IP address or the name (dlinkps-xxxxxx or dlink-xxxxxx).  Also, a PING to the physical IP address of the DLink print server does not work: it times out.

Verizon support can not assist according to them, since "the connection to the FIOS router" is OK.  Has anyone been able to get this to work?

How do you know what the Ip address is?

What is the IP address?  Hopefully something on subnet 192.168.1.x

My guess is that when you set the server up before it was on a different subnet, I see the default id 192.168.0.x.

Apparently the DPR-1260 comes with the factory default IP of: 192.168.0.10.   The VZ router uses subnet 192.168.1.x

You need to connect directly to the server from a machine that is on the same subnet.  If uou have no idea what the previous subnet you were using was press the rest button on the server which will set it back to 192,168.0.10.

Then on one of your pc's change the ip address of it's lan connection to a static address in the 192.168.0. x range - anything between 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.255 BUT NOT 192,168.0.10.

You can then access the server admin page using IE.  Change the IP address of the server to a static address in the 192.168.1.x subnet, make sure it is not something in the dhcp range used by the verizon router.  As soon as you do that you will lose contact with the server, don't worry.  Now change the network card on your machine back to obtaining an ip address automatically and connect it and the print server to the Verizon router.  You should now be able to access the print server admin page by the static address you assigned to it and can make any other changes you need.  Also all other machines should now vbe able to see it.

I'm sure your setup cd for the server contacts it via upnp so if you have that you be able to just run setup from it and assign yourself an address in the 192.168.1.x range without all the hassle above.

Good luck

You may want to look at this post ins dslreports

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19626612-Cant-connect-to-DPR1260-Print-Server

0 Likes