Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Setting up Eero (Verizon FiOS Internet without TV)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Setting up Eero (Verizon FiOS Internet without TV)

Message 1 of 2
(287 Views)

Hi I just got the new eero 6 router and I would like some help preparing for the setup to ensure I get my internet up and running as soon as possible. 

The setup page (https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207987916-Setting-up-eero-with-FiOS) tells me I should release my DHCP lease but I am not sure how to proceed. Am I resetting the DHCP lease for Network (Home/Office) or Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax)? I see that my ONT has an ethernet cable connected directly to my Fios Quantum G1100 router. I'm assuming I have to reset one of the DHCP leases above and then just plug the ethernet cable direcly to my eero. Please advise - thanks!

Here is what I see:

https://ibb.co/1zWCfhh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Setting up Eero (Verizon FiOS Internet without TV)

Message 2 of 2
(264 Views)

To release the WAN DHCP, go to My Networks -> Network Connections -> Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) -> Settings -> DHCP Lease: Release -> Apply

Within in 90 seconds of clicking Apply, unplug the ethernet WAN and connect the cable to your EERO. The EERO should make a WAN DHCP request to the upstream Optical Line Terminal and receive a new WAN IP address.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Setting up Eero (Verizon FiOS Internet without TV)

Message 2 of 2
(265 Views)

To release the WAN DHCP, go to My Networks -> Network Connections -> Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) -> Settings -> DHCP Lease: Release -> Apply

Within in 90 seconds of clicking Apply, unplug the ethernet WAN and connect the cable to your EERO. The EERO should make a WAN DHCP request to the upstream Optical Line Terminal and receive a new WAN IP address.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.