Setting up Verizon Fios on new computer
Zorich1988

I am in the process of shopping for a new desktop computer.  I have Verizon FIOS Triple Freedom package (FIOS internet, TV, and landline phone service).  Once I get my new computer set up how do I transfer my FIOS service/software to my new computer so my Internet and FIOS TV works properly ?

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Verizon Fios on new computer
MPhotox2
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't need to setup anything extra on a new computer, your internet and TV will still work fine. If you want you can install some of the tools that technician probably installed on your computer when your FiOS was orignially set up.

You can download the In-Home Agent troubleshooting tool here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Email/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/85637.htm

And if you have/use media manager for FiOS TV, you can download that here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/Enhanced%20TV/QuestionsOne/126554.htm

Justin46
Legend

What Verizon service and software are you referring to? There is absolutely no need to have ANY Verizon software on a PC for it to connect tothe internet and for your TV service to work.

I have FiOS TV, internet, and phone also. Last Oct. when I bought a new laptop to replace my desktop, all I did was unplug the ethernet cable from the desktop and plug it into the laptop. I was instantly able to conntect to the internet, no Verizon software, period. And of course my TV was totally unaffected.

If you want to connect wirelessly, then you will need to supply the encryption key to the PC the first time you try to connect. Your key is usually on the back of the router.

Now, Verizon does have some trash that they call software that you can download and install (but not use!). I have done that for a couple of their progrmas, found them totally useless, and removed them from my PC (well, that is not completely true, some of their software is just about impossible to remove once installed, but I have really, really tried).

So I will ask again, what software and service are you worried about?

I think a bigger issue you need to think about is how to get all of your stuff - pictures, documents, email settings, etc, over to the new computer. It isn't particularly hard, but you do need to sit down and think about it. By the way, I assume you will be getting a PC with Windows 7 on it, just be aware that there is no email client included with it. If you are an Outlook Express user for email, that program will not run on Windows 7. But in the Programs list you will find Windows Live, and from there you can download the Windows Live Mail client, which looks and works somewhat like Outlook Express.

Good luck, migrating to a new PC is really not hard, if you have issues be sure to ask, I am sure someone here will be able to help you.

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Legend

IF you're referring to all the V icon's that were on your desktop after the install like home and mail etc.....

then you can activate a new pc by going to http://activatemyfios.verizon.net

you'll see the following. image

If you put the radial cursor on "configure additional PC"   then it should go through and reinstall any software the technician may have installed.

Also you will want to go to

http://www.verizon.com/connect to download the In home agent as well.

allerena
Enthusiast - Level 1

my computer crashed i have a new computer and need to reinstall fios

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Follow these instructions and let us know what happens

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's nothing to set up, unless you use Verizon's Security Suite or Backup software. Just plug in the Ethernet Cable (preferred way) or connect to the Wireless using the information found on the bottom of the router, and off you go 🙂

sunlover46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I NEED HELP SETTING UP A NEW PC WITH VERIZON INTERNET SERVICE

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sunlover46 wrote:

I NEED HELP SETTING UP A NEW PC WITH VERIZON INTERNET SERVICE

New PCs simply need for you to connect the Ethernet cable to the PC, or to connect the PC wirelessly to the router using the information found on a sticker underneath the router. Nothing else is special. If this is DSL service, it's the same thing. If there is anything special you pay for such as VISS or the Backup service, you visit the Verizon website and re-install that software.

0 Likes
maximuskid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would you ask another person how to start your own car?

Computers doesn't need special software to connect to the internet like the old dial up days. Come on people!