***** I M P O R T A N T **** M E S A A G E ******
webdevii1
Enthusiast - Level 3

VERIOSON FION CUSTOMER WERE DOWN FOR A STB UPGRADE THIS MORNINT BETWEEN 12NIDNITE AND 6AM PST.

THERE WAS A SET TOP BOX UPDATE,  THEY HAVE DONE A ROLLUP ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THE PAST 3 MORNINGS.  HOWEVER THIS MORNING TAKES THE CAKE. 

SECARNIO:

1. I HAVE THE 7100QUP  (THAT IS THE SMALLER ALL BLACK FAVE WITH NO CLOCK OR DISPLAY.  THE 7200 QIP IS THE DVR VERSION AND IS SLIGHTLLY LARGER.  AS USUALLY AS EVERYMORNING I GOT UP AND POWERED ON THE STB WAITED A FEW SECONDS AS I ALWAYS DO AND THEN PRESS THE MONITOR POWER BUTTON.  CNN AMERICAN MORNING SHOW WAS ON  (MY FVORITE)  AND MAYBE 5 MIN LATER I GET A HUM CLICK AND A BLANK SCREEN.   I PULL PHYSICAL POWER (REMOVE POWER CORD FROM UNIT).   JUMPED ON THE WEB SEARCHED OUT THE PROBLEM, COME TO FIND OUT THEY ARE FINISHING DOING A ROLLIJG UPGRADE  FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA  (LA, LONG BEACH, DOWNEY, CERRITOS, ETC.)  CHECK YORU AREA FOR DETAILS.  THEY FIRST CALL I MADE I GOT THE "TOO BUSY TO HELP,  THEN CUT OFF).  THEN I REDIALED BACK AND GOT OUTAGE IN YOUR AREA, A BIT MORE COMFORTING TO KNOW THEY'RE ON TOP OF THAT.   HELD FOR 15 MIN, HUNG UPA AS MY SCREEN AUTOMATICALLY POWERED DOWN. WENT INTO RESET REBOOT, RESTARTED STB THEN TV  GOT A DIFFERENT SCREEN ABOUT THE UPDATE., SAID TO FOLLOW ON  SCREEN PROMPT WHICH I DID AND NOW IS ALL GOOD.  THE BOTTOM LINE TO ALL THE FIASCO IS CHANGEING THE GUID FOR THOSE LESS THAN FORTUNATE SO THEY CAN HAVE A HIGH DIFINITION GUIDE AND MENU.  WHAT A MAJOR INCONVIEINCE FOR THE PAYIING HD CUSTOOMER AND AN EVEN F- DUP FOR PRETTT OVER PRODUCTIVE.

So if it happens to you, follow theses few simple steps:

1. Power TB

2. Power STB.

3. Poser Up TV *(follow onscreen prompts if requested

4. Be **bleep** off and frustrated,  (have a sniffter of Corvasia

5. power up the TV  follow OSD if any.

6 Hope your up!

Rob

Los Angeles CA

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Verizon Fios on new computer
singlesix
Enthusiast - Level 2

"like the old dial up days."

I went directly from AOL to FiOS. I had fast access on a T-1 line at the office and never bothered to ditch AOL at home until FiOS came along. Luckily, FiOS came early to my neighborhood.

And yes, I would ask someone how to start my car if the only car I'd ever owned required a hand crank to start it. So don't hurt yourself falling off your high horse.  🙂

Btw, is my 300 baud Smartmodem a collectible or should I toss it?  Now where'd I put that Apple IIc?

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

could the Apple be next to the Commodore 64 or the TRS-80?

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes